Thursday 7 December 2017

'Curse Of Osiris' In 'Destiny 2:' 3 Things I Like And 2 Things I Don't…

Destiny 2 got its first major expansion yesterday with Curse of Osiris, a Vex-themed adventure that sends the player to Mercury to rescue an exiled Warlock and save the universe from…something. I've burned my way through the campaign in about three hours, and my first reaction is mixed, at best. The storytelling here is still leagues above anything we saw with the original Destiny, but a convoluted narrative and a tendency towards recycling made my first few hours with this expansion feel a little strained even as they delivered a few exceedingly impressive moments. The real test of this expansion will be how it handles elements like the Raid Lair and Masterwork Weapons in the coming weeks, but so far it's becoming once again a little difficult to imagine how this experience is going to stretch forward. But there's more play to be had, and it's possible that we'll reach a satisfying stasis soon enough. For now, here is some of what works and doesn't about the new content.


No comments:

Post a Comment